The Best Time To Post On Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, And Linkedin In 2021
March 4, 2021 | 0 min read
It’s tricky to find the best time to post on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Why so? Because what can be considered as “the best time to post on social media” is in fact “the time when your audience is active on the social media channel.” According to your specific audience, this time will vary greatly. A social media manager can suggest the best time to post on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn by taking your audience data and characteristics into account.
This article will provide you the best time to post on social media and the best days to post on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. It is based on science and without any contradicting opinions or thoughts. Let’s dive right in!
Why Does The Posting On A Particular Timing On Social Media Matter?
You might be wondering if there is the best time to post on social media platforms? Yes, there is! Some people are more active online at certain times meanwhile others aren’t. Moreover, posts have a limited lifespan in which it’s shown to your target audience. For instance, on Twitter, the lifespan of a tweet is around 15 to 20 minutes, on Facebook, a post has organic reach for around 5 to 6 hours, and on LinkedIn, a post has an average lifespan of 48 hours.
You might be missing out on some valuable impressions and interactions if you fail to understand the best time to post on social media and how your audience interacts and engages with social media platforms. On the other hand, If you understand your audience’s peak usage times, you can increase your click-through rates, engagement levels, and conversions.
The Best Time To Post On Social Media: Twitter Posting Time
With approximately 330 million active global users, Twitter can be considered as a dominant social media platform. Also, there are about five-hundred billion tweets made per day. You can market your brand or business through Twitter. Although, you need to understand your audience or else your tweet could get lost in the billions of tweets.
So, What Is The Best Time To Post On Twitter In 2021?
- The best time to post on Twitter is somewhere between 9 am and 1 pm. There’s consistent engagement from Monday to Friday from 8 am to 4 pm.
- Meanwhile, the best day to post on Twitter is both Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Whereas the worst time to post on Twitter is somewhere between 10 pm and 4 am.
- Finally, both Saturday and Sunday are the worst days to post on Twitter.
Things To Keep In Mind While Posting On Twitter
- Apart from posting on the best time of the day, posting between the start of the workday and until the end of the lunch break might be a strategy you want to try.
- Moreover, try to post on Twitter regularly. So, post one tweet every hour, seven days a week.
- Use Twitter Analytics to find a peak time where you can post your most important updates.
- Post regularly to maintain engagement with people worldwide and in different time zones. Tweets have a short 15 to 20-minute lifespan.
- You can’t post around the clock so use a social media management tool that will allow you to publish and schedule posts across multiple social media platforms.
- Additionally, consider adding images on tweets because they lead to:
- 31% increase in website visits
- 33% increase in visitor to lead conversions
- 36% more click-throughs
- 41% more retweets
- 48% increase in tweets being favored.
The Best Time To Post On Social Media: Facebook Posting Time
With over 2 billion active users worldwide, Facebook is currently the most populated social media platform. This makes Facebook the best place for organic engagement. Over the last couple of years, Facebook’s algorithm changes have emphasized family, friends, and meaningful connections. Your best bet is going to be content that drives genuine engagement.
So, What Is The Best Time To Post On Facebook In 2021?
- The best time to post on Facebook is somewhere between 11 am to 4 pm.
- Meanwhile, the best day to post on Facebook is Wednesday. Also, there are notably higher engagement rates on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Whereas the worst time to post on Facebook in the early morning hours and the evenings of each day ( somewhere before 7 am and after 5 pm).
- Finally, Tuesday is the worst day to post on Facebook.
Things To Keep In Mind While Posting On Facebook
- In the later part of their workday, when people are jumping on their devices for check-in during moments of downtime, you can see these peak usage times.
- You can also find your own ‘best time’ to post with the help of Facebook’s analytics tool. On your Facebook page, select ‘Facebook Page Insights’. Here you can find when your users are most active, what time zone they’re in, and much more.
- Before revising upon your own best fit, you should ideally test-schedule an array of posts at different times and days to figure out the best time to post on social media in our region.
- Also, engagement for both weekends and weekdays measure differently.
The Best Time To Post On Social Media: LinkedIn Posting Time
With around 300 million active users, LinkedIn has interesting figures. Over 80 percent of social media leads generated by B2B (business-to-business) marketers are made through LinkedIn, whereas Twitter and Facebook have only 13 and 8 percent respectively. Currently, LinkedIn is the best place to win leads according to 93 percent of B2B marketers. So, you and your business should market through LinkedIn.
So, What Is The Best Time To Post On LinkedIn In 2021?
- The best time to post on LinkedIn is somewhere between 10 am and 12 pm.
- Wednesday is the best day to post on LinkedIn, meanwhile, there are notably higher engagement rates on Tuesday and Thursday, too.
- Finally, try not to post on LinkedIn during the weekends or after work hours as it’s the worst time.
Things To Keep In Mind While Posting On LinkedIn
- Considering that LinkedIn is primarily used by business people, corporate-minded people, thought leaders, and job seekers, it is mainly used during standard business hours.
- There is expectedly a drop off in engagement during the weekends because people step away from their work to spend some time with their family and friends.
- So, prepare during the weekend and post during weekdays as it will be the best time to post on LinkedIn.
The Best Time To Post On Social Media: Instagram Posting Time
Instagram is one of the most growing social media platforms. Around 200 million Instagram users worldwide, visit at least one business profile every day. So, to give you the best chance to make an impression post during the time your audience is scrolling. For your unique audience, you should schedule your Instagram posts optimized.
Globally, What Is The Best Time To Post On Instagram In 2021?
Rely on the following general time to post, according to EST:
- Monday – 9 am and 5 pm.
- Tuesday – 8 am, 6 pm, 7 pm.
- Wednesday – 5 am, 11 pm, 3 pm.
- Thursday – 5 am, 11 pm, 4 pm.
- Friday – 5 am, 9 am, 10 am, 11 am, and 1 pm, 2 pm, 4 pm.
- Saturday – 9 am to 11 am.
- Sunday – 10 am and 2 pm.
Things To Keep In Mind While Posting On Instagram
- First, figure out your audience’s time zone and then post accordingly.
- Don’t post on weekends, if you are a B2B (business-to-business) company.
- Post when your audience is off work or at breaks if you are a B2C (business-to-consumer) company.
- Moreover, the Instagram algorithm gives preference to new content, so scheduling your posts is more important than ever.
The Best Time To Post On Social Media: TikTok Posting Time
With around 500 million users worldwide, Tiktok is one of the best-loved apps. It is important to catch your audience while they are on this fast-paced app. To know more about your audience, you have to upgrade to a Pro account which will provide you the analytics for your TikTok videos. There you can learn the gender, age, and location of your followers.
Globally, What Is The Best Time To Post On TikTok In 2021?
If you don’t have a TikTok Pro account, you can post according to these general EST times:
- Monday – 6 am, 10 am, 10 pm.
- Tuesday – 2 am, 4 am, 9 am.
- Wednesday – 7 am, 8 am, 11 pm.
- Thursday – 9 am, 12 am, 7 pm.
- Friday – 5 am, 1 pm, 3 pm.
- Saturday – 11 am, 7 pm, 8 pm.
- Sunday – 7 am, 8 am, 4 pm.
Things To Keep In Mind While Posting On TikTok
- The days with the most engagement are Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
In Conclusion: Best Times To Post On Social Media 2021
To find the best times to post on the social media platforms your brand is using, you need to regularly monitor your social media engagement and analyze your social data. Also, remember that every brand is different, and the benchmarks tend to vary depending on the industry and social media platform. Additionally, every social media platform constantly changes its algorithms, so stay on top of these changes. Therefore, never stop experimenting or testing and don’t hesitate to post on social media on less popular days.
The Best Time To Post On Social Media 2021 FAQs
Research suggests that the best time to share or post on Facebook is between 1 and 4 pm and that Wednesday is the best day to post.
The only way to beat the 2021 Instagram algorithm is with content, so:
– Get Creative With Reels.
– Make Use Of Carousel Posts.
– Put More Effort Into Stories.
– Use Hashtags Where You Can.
– Upload to IGTV.
LinkedIn recommends that you should post every business day on the platform. However, we would suggest you post at least 3 times a week. Also, research says that if you post more than once a day, the engagement significantly drops.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG