Thanksgiving Greetings: What To Write In My Thanksgiving Card?
October 30, 2020 | 0 min read
Thanksgiving is one of the favorite days of most Americans and why should it not be? Thanksgiving invokes a sense of gratitude in all of us, the perfect time to remember and remind all our loved ones about how grateful we are for one another. However, most of us on not having the best message to write. Words and feelings indeed are so many, but how to write them down in the perfect manner on a thanksgiving card?
than not, Thanksgiving can also become rather challenging as we might find ourselves caught
To help you out, here are some Happy Thanksgiving messages and wishes that you can use to have your blessing feel more valued this season-
Happy Thanksgiving Messages For The Closest Ones, For Friends & Family
Greeting cards, for some reason, are mostly associated with Christmas. However, for anyone who has written a card on Thanksgiving or has been on the receiving end, they know how special that feeling of reading love in the form of words is. Greetings and emotions in the form of words, be it crisp messages or words, will never go out of fashion.
To help you go beyond the non-impactful text messages and phone calls, we have listed some touching messages for those who matter the most: your family. Pick the phrase or message that suits you best, or mix and match from this list and let there be love!
- May season’s joy be yours, happiness deep and true, not only at Thanksgiving but throughout the coming year, too!
- Our homes may be far apart, but we are always close in our heart.
- At this time of Thanksgiving celebration, our thoughts turn gratefully to you with warm appreciation. Best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving.
- May you enjoy a bountiful Thanksgiving, a joyous holiday season and healthful, Happy New Year.
- Having a family is a blessing that cannot be described in words. A family means abundance of selfless love for the rest of your life and I am so blessed you are a part of mine! Happy Thanksgiving!
- “Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude.” Happy Thanksgiving to those one closest to my heart.
- Thanksgiving for people isL The morning sun and the setting moon, The cheerful bird and the dancing mood, The silent waters and the playful dunes. Thanksgiving for me is only YOU! Wishing you happy Thanksgiving Day.
- May your stuffing be tasty. May your turkey plump, may your potatoes and gravy have nary a lump. May your yams be delicious, and your pies take the prize, and may your Thanksgiving dinner stay off your thighs.Happy Thanksgiving!
- Thank you mom and dad for giving me food, shelter and unconditional love. Thanksgiving would never make snes without you two!
General Happy Thanksgiving Wishes For Everyone
A lot of time you might have to send out a Thanksgiving card but you might not really know the recipient personally. It could be someone from office, or someone you met only once, or maybe just a courtesy card for your extended family. For tough spots like those, the following general thanksgiving messages could come in handy-
- Hope that you’re surrounded by the love of your dear ones on this festive season. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
- Sending you my warm wishes from home to home and from heart to heart to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving! May this day be a beautiful reminder of the wonderful things in life.
- May your blessings be multiplied this year and throughout all your life. Happy Thanksgiving wishes to you!
Thanksgiving messages for Colleagues and your office buds in particular-
- Working with you has always been enjoyable and inspiring! Happy Thanksgiving to you.
- Thanksgiving is just one more day to say working with you has always been so wonderful. I’m thankful for all that you do. It’s a pleasure working with you. Happy Thanksgiving!
- On Thanksgiving, I don’t know how I can show enough appreciation, to a co-worker who has given me so much motivation. Thanks for being such an inspiration.
- There are no Monday morning blues, with colleagues like you! Happy Thanksgiving.
- A special, heartfelt thank you for the person I share most my days with. Thank you for making work so much easier for me every day. Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving Quotes To Use On Your Greeting Cards
Quotes are another ideal way of expressing your feelings on Thanksgiving. Quotes can come in handy for those who find themselves short at expressing their feelings and also as a simple inspiration in the words of the more famous people. Use these expert words to endow the blessings of love and gratitude on your dear ones-
- “I love Thanksgiving because it’s a holiday that is centered around food and family, two things that are of utmost importance to me.” -Marcus Samuelsson
- “Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude.” -E.P. Powell
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” -Oprah Winfrey
- “Forever on Thanksgiving day the heart will find the pathway home.” -Wilbur D. Nesbit
- “Thanksgiving after all, is a word of action.” -W.J. Cameron
- “Gratitude can transform common days into Thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” -William Arthur Ward
- “If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.” -W. Clement Stone
- “Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds.” -Theodore Roosevelt
- “Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence.” -Erma Bombeck
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” -John F. Kennedy
- “God gave you the gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say ‘thank you?” – William A. Ward
Funny, Quirky Thanksgiving Messages
While most Thanksgiving messages are rather cordial and politically correct, for those who appreciate a funny nerve, a humorous Thanksgiving message can go a long way in the memory of the recipient. Here are some funny bones to pick from-
- You can tell you ate too much for Thanksgiving when you have to let your bathrobe out. -Jay Leno
- A new survey found that 80 percent of men claim they help cook Thanksgiving dinner. Which makes sense, when you hear them consider saying “that smells good” to be helping. – Jimmy Fallon
- I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land. – Jon Stewart
- I don’t eat pumpkin pie. It’s made from the guts of jack-o-lanterns, and that’s just spooky. – Melanie White
- I’m looking forward to seeing pie this Thanksgiving more than members of my own family. – Damien Fahey
- Thanksgiving is the day men start getting in shape … to play Santa Claus. – Melanie White
- My cooking is so bad my kids thought Thanksgiving was to commemorate Pearl Harbor. – Phyllis Diller
- Thanksgiving, man. Not a good day to be my pants. – Kevin James
While Thanksgiving is synonymous to turkey and the apple cinnamon pies, when the big spread comes around and the dinner is served- never forget what thanksgiving is essentially all about. While you compliment and shower the turkey chef will all live for the foodgasm, do not also forget the others who make your life a little bit better in other manners on all the other days of the year! On that note, happy Thanksgiving!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG